Follow Me

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Not so sour Sourdough bread


Hmmmph.... This is how I feel for my breakfast today, in the first bite of sourdough bread spread with Isigny Ste Mère unsalted butter. Almost instantly... Hmmmmph .... again and again.

The Chia Wholemeal Sourdough loaf was yummy, the butter was yummy, when two are together becoming super delicious!

I don't make sourdough often, my Joyful Jane sourdough starter was made since last year March, it has been a year, I feed it constantly, if I am not making sourdough, I will at least feed it once in a week, and keep it in fridge for a week. 

I realized, if I am not using sourdough starter often enough, the sourdough bread will be very sour, which I find rather strong to take it. Some people like the sour taste, therefore if you would like to have very sour sourdough bread, keep the sourdough unfed for longer times, may be feed once in 2 to 3 days. The longer the proving time, the sour the bread it will turn.

Gab always want me to buy sourdough than making one, haha, because they were too sour. I rejected his requests most of the time, as I believe I can make better sourdough bread. Too bad to he that he still have to take my sour-ful-sourdough bread every time. 

Through those testings, I found out If I dislike the sour taste in the bread, what I will do is, I will take out sourdough starter from fridge two days before the day I want to make bread, throw away almost all of them left about 20g of starter in the jar, feed Joyful Jane Sourdough Starter with 30g water and 50g High Protein Flour, I will feed it twice a day. If I feed it in the morning once, I will feed it again in the night, because I don't make big loaf, hence I will throw away some of the starter, feed again. 

The next day morning feed once, I will not throw any sourdough starter this round, by this time sourdough starter has becoming very strong and active, it may double in size in short time. Use the sourdough starter now, it will surely gives you a yummy and not-so-sour-sourdough bread.


Hope my sharing helps. 

Sourdough proved for 6 hours. Around triple in size.





No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...